It’s hard to say what my “favorite flower” is. Each season I have a different answer to that question, and for this time of the year, it’s peonies! Not only are they regally voluptuous (it’s so fluffy I’m gonna dieee), they have such a distinctive fragrance. Naturally, I can’t let the relatively short season pass without dedicating a #5forFriday to peonies!
1. *L’Occitane Pivone Flora Eau de Toilette: I can’t say this citrus-floral-woody fragrance is unique in any way, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is pretty and easy to wear! With notes such as bergamot, grapefruit, peony, rose, sandalwood, and musk, it can’t go wrong for those who enjoy a fresh floral scent!
2. *L’Occitane Rose Nude Pivoine Sublime Tinted Lip Balm: L’Occitane launched a new skincare line called Pivoine Sublime this year, and the tinted lip balms (4 in total) piqued many people’s interest partially because they look just the Fresh ones. The formula has a candied floral scent.
There are definitely pros and cons about this lip balm. I like the fact that it is tinted enough to add a little color to my pigmented lips (even though Rose Nude is not even the most intense shade in the line), and that it has SPF 25. However, if your lips need major hydration, you might find it lacking. My lips are usually fine during daytime, so I can use this for a little something extra. However, when my lips are drier, it does not fare as well as what I would like a lip balm to.
3. Paperself Small Peonies: Admittedly not many people would use these “false eyelashes” with fancy paper art often, but they are fun for a party/photo shoot!
Honorary mention goes to Burberry Peony Lip & Cheek Bloom. If only the formula would last longer…
4. *Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet: When I first sampled the perfume, I concluded that it is somehow too simple and probably wouldn’t ever rival my favorite Miss Dior Eau de Toilette. Over the course of last summer however, I realized this is one of the few fragrance I can wear when it’s really warm outside. It’s a clean and delicate fragrance that I will for sure get a lot of use out of in summer!
5. *Fendi L’Acquarossa Eau de Toilette: Fendi’s L’Acquarossa Eau de Parfum is all about lantana, but the eau de toilette takes a completely different approach and focuses on peony instead! It came out last autumn, but for me this is more of a spring/summer fragrance. It’s the right time now!
What are your favorite peony things?